Learning every week – 6th and 13-Mar-2020

Overlooking London through an airplane window

For the first time since I started, I missed a week. My travels and schedule caught up with me eventually. No matter, I’m here today and I hope to keep my last week’s miss what it was–an exception. Given my travels, I don’t have a lot to write about these days not because I didn’t learn much, but because I wasn’t as disciplined in documenting everything as I usually do. Learning then is not about how much you are exposed to information, but what you do with it.

Read »

Learning every week – 28-Feb-2020


I’m still travelling and trying to take a break. The keyword is “trying”. Unless something else occupies me, I can’t seem to get work out of my head. And that’s what I need to keep learning to do–Fill my time with things that I want to do and make it easy for myself to do them.

Read »

Learning every week – 21-Feb-2020

Sunrise in Goa

My post this week has been delayed for the first time since I started. I was at a company offsite meetings and retreat this whole week. My week was filled with meetings, presentations, huddles, and a lot of fun activities. I tweeted extensively about various things and maybe you saw some of them. As I sit in the airport food court waiting for my flight, I found some time to write about the week. But it has to be quick.

Read »

Learning every week – 14-Feb-2020

Boeing 777-200 in silhoutte

It’s travel week, and it will be a travel week almost every week for the next month. I am writing this in a flight to Mumbai and will connect to Goa where we have Axelerant offsite and retreat over next week. Over my 6+ years at Axelerant, this will be my 5th retreat. Considering that we are an entirely distributed organisation, this retreat is one of the most important times of the year. I’m looking forward to learnings next week. Let’s get started for this week.

Read »

Learning every week – 7-Feb-2020

Snowfall over houses in Mississauga

It’s winter! Well, it’s winter from quite some time but I actually felt it this week with regular snow and white roofs and roads. I hope you’re keeping warm and bundled in. I’ll get to my learnings this week.

Read »

Learning every week – 31-Jan-2020

January has ended and that means 8.47% year has gone. That also means 8.47% of the opportunities I had to learn this year have passed me. I hope I made fair use of that time but I am not going to dwell on that. I have the remaining 91.53% to look forward to now. In any case, this post is still only about 1.91% of the whole year. These learnings are 1.91% of what I hope to learn the whole year.

Read »

Learning every week – 24-Jan-2020

Over the last couple of weeks, many have reached out and said that they read these posts. I started writing these posts for myself and I don’t intend to change that. All the same, I am very happy that many find some value in my own learnings and journey. I keep saying that there is enough we learn in a day to fill pages, but because we have many challenges on our attention, these things slip away. That is the reason I write every week–so that I can remember.

Read »

Learning every week – 17-Jan-2020

I’m now at a point where I don’t remember how many posts of this kind I have written so far, and that’s a good thing. It means I am sticking to my habit and I intend to keep doing that. This week was slower than the last week but I felt I was going into depth of a few things and focus rather than dealing with a breadth of issues. There is still a lot for me to take away from this week.

Read »

Learning every week – 10-Jan-2020

I am also very happy to keep sticking to my habit of being able to write this every Friday, or latest by Saturday. I write this for myself but over the last couple of weeks, many people have told me that they read this every week. I am deeply gratified and flattered that you find value in this. Thank you! Let’s jump in this week’s learnings.

Read »

Learning every week – 3-Jan-2020

It’s 2020, and I am doing this with a fairly predictable schedule. In other words, this is becoming a habit of mine and I couldn’t be happier. But let me be careful and not invoke the curse of speaking-too-soon and knock some wood.

Read »